Marketing Officer Job Description - Amara Jewelers
You are going to be a part of a new jewelry startup company, helping pioneer a new, enkindled vision for fine and demi-fine jewelry, inspired by many African heritages and delivered to the world. Welcome to Amara Jewelers!
Scope of Position: The Digital Marketing Officer (Part-time) will be responsible for creating content for the Amara Jewelers’ social media channels, crafting marketing campaign schedules, and writing creative content pieces on Amara Jewelers' website, and email marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Officer will also support the Marketing & Branding Team in building, stewarding and leveraging the Amara Jewelers brand.
NOTE: This is a temporary position, and steps toward the position becoming permanent will occur as the company grows.
Reports to: Director, Branding & Marketing
- Capture and tell stories of our products and brand message through blog, social media, and email campaigns
- Manage and schedule ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in coordination with the Digital Marketing Director and the Branding and Marketing Manager (currently open)
- Be a part of creatively building followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Oversee content development of blog with stories and information about Amara Jewelers product collections and Amara Jewelers new releases.
- Assumes responsibility of all other duties assigned by the Digital Marketing Director and the Manager, Branding & Marketing
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in marketing or communications * Even if you are not pursuing a related degree but have a background/interest in marketing and branding, you are also eligible! *
- Has an interest in fashion, retail, and product sales. An interest in African/ Afrocentric fashion, styles, history and culture is a definite plus!
- Preferred previous interning, volunteering, or full-time positions in marketing
- Familiar in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Lightroom, Shopify CMS platform, Klaviyo (preferred) or other email management software, and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Willingness to learn and apply new software systems
- A self-starting, energized and motivated attitude
- Ability to self-manage projects and demonstrate strong time-management skills
- Strong digital organization and file management skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends
- Adherence and commitment to the policies, procedures and values set forth by the Amara Jewelers
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include link(s) to any relevant projects or content you have created (a past company, website, personal social media pages, design portfolios, marketing schedules/ calendars you have created, etc.)
FSLA Status: Regular Part-Time, Temporary, Non-Exempt